Saturday, March 2, 2013

Just stopping by to introduce myself..........

 
  I decided to begin shopping strictly 2nd hand when I found myself so stressed and done with living check to check.  I was confident that I could be successful at it with a little bit of intuition and planning, Oh and of course a little bit of money! It was April 2011 and I had just scraped by surviving the financial hardship of a family matriarch passing after 3 harrowing weeks in the hospital, then in hospice.  It was 2011 and I  had spent that last several years just surviving. Just going through life from one hurdle to the next, not even thinking about it.  I am good at surviving and helping others survive too! I in the recent years just like many  had taken a major paycut due to incidenses unforseen in the work place. The recession, re-education & divorce, just to name a few. All the  "drama" had burned a major hole in all of my pockets.  Such minor incidences can change your mind, bam, just like that! Of course I during this time  I had nice things in my closet, all my closets, some even with tags! In April 2011 I bought a skirt  for my grandmothers funeral that I did not end up wearing.  I ended up returning that skirt and thought to myself hmmm...  This is when I decided that I would for at least for the period of 1 year that I would ONLY buy outer clothing 2nd hand until further notice! Well I can say that year came and went and I learned so many valuable ideas and tricks, and with just plane old fashioned money saving. I hope to share many valuable pieces of information that I have acquired and quirky knowledge so you too can find your way, one penny at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment